Supervision Assignment FAQs

    ​It is mandatory that you keep all your court dates as scheduled. Failure to do so may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest and may result in a new and separate criminal charge of Failing to Appear.

    As a courtesy, the Office of Pretrial Services will send you a reminder letter and call to remind you of your future court dates. If you did not receive your court date information when you were released from custody, please contact our main office at (408) 918-7900 immediately. ​

    ​It is required that you contact the Office of Pretrial Services the day after your release between the hours of 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. for officer assignment at (408) 918-7900. You will be informed of your officer’s name and telephone number at that time. You are required to report for a scheduled intake interview within a week of your release in order to review the specific conditions of your release. The officer assigned to your case will monitor your compliance with the court-ordered conditions for the duration of your case. It is important that you maintain contact with your officer as instructed, comply with all of your court-ordered conditions, and appear at all of your court dates. Failure to do so may result in the revocation of your release and either you being remanded back into custody or a warrant being issued for your arrest. ​

    ​It is recommended that you arrive early for your court appearance and report to your assigned courtroom. If you do not know the courtroom or department number, check in with the clerk's office for confirmation.

    ​In most cases, you need a referral from a judge in order to be interviewed by the P.D.’s Office before a P.D. is appointed to your case. Your first opportunity to request a P.D. will be at your Arraignment. At the time of the referral, court staff will give you information on how to contact the P.D.’s Office to see if you qualify for services. ​

    ​If you are out-of-custody on O.R.P. or Supervised O.R. release, you may not leave the State of California without permission from the Court (pursuant to Penal Code Section 1318.) It is important that you contact your attorney or assigned Supervised O.R. officer well in advance of your intended departure and prior to making any travel arrangements to request the Court’s permission to travel. Approval of a travel request is at the discretion of the Court. ​

    ​If you are the defendant in a criminal case, you or your attorney must make a motion in court to modify a criminal protective order. Any modification of the order is at the Court’s discretion. If you are a victim in a criminal case, you may contact the Victim’s Advocate in the District Attorney’s Office for further information at (408) 299-7400. ​

    ​Only a judge may change the conditions of your release. If you want to modify your release conditions, you may contact your attorney about making a motion in court to amend your release conditions. ​

    ​You are court-ordered to comply with your release conditions while your case is pending. The conditions remain in effect until your criminal charges are resolved: dismissed, discharged, sentenced or acquitted. In some cases, Supervised O.R. may be terminated by further order of the Court. ​

    All Content Copyright © 2024, County of Santa Clara, CA